For more than 35 years, the staff at Schuster & Meinsma have served as trusted business partners to clients throughout the eastern Iowa region. They have provided tax, accounting, payroll, and consulting services to individuals and businesses. Carol was a partner with a national firm until purchasing the practice in September 2008. Carol owned the practice from 2008 until Cathy Meinsma purchased the practice in 2021.
Over the years the name of our firm has changed, but the personal and professional service provided remains consistent with the high standards you expect from your accountant.
Your success is our success, and all of us here at Schuster & Meinsma look forward to working together with you to achieve the bright financial future you deserve!
At Schuster & Meinsma, our talented staff has the expertise to meet the needs of our diverse client base.
Carol A Schuster, CPA
Ms. Schuster graduated from St. Joseph High School, DeWitt, and University of Norther Iowa (UNI) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Emphasis in Accounting). She has worked for, and became a partner, in both regional and national certified public accounting firms as a result of mergers over the years. She purchased the DeWitt location on September 1, 2008, from the national firm she was with. She is currently employed with Schuster Meinsma, CPAs as Cathy Meinsma purchased the practice on September 1, 2021.
Carol has been active in many community and professional organizations over the years including serving as past President of the DeWitt Chamber of Commerce and past chair of the Iowa Accountancy Examining Board and she currently serves as the Treasurer of St. Joseph’s Education Foundation and Treasurer of Crossroads Unlimited Co (a development corporation).
Carol has lived in the DeWitt area her entire life, except for a one year period in which she was in another state while her husband completed his military duty. He is now deceased but their three children, Shelly, Denise and Will live in DeWitt with their families.
- Past Chair and past Vice Chair on the Iowa Accountancy Examining Board, the regulatory board that oversee CPAs and LPAs in the State of Iowa. She served three 3-year terms with the Board having been appointed to this position by two different governors. She was the Chair of the Rules Committee and led the re-writing of Chapter 10 on Continuing Education and Chapter 13 on Professional Conduct.
- Past President and Board Member of the DeWitt Chamber of Commerce. Very active in the Chamber since 1976.
- Treasurer of the St. Joseph Education Foundation having held this position for over 20 years.
- Treasurer of Crossroads Unlimited Co since 1988. This is a development company that builds spec buildings in DeWitt in the Industrial Park.
- Finance Chair and board member of LincolnWay Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque for over 15 years. We connect the dots between community needs and those working to make a difference in rural Clinton County-serving Andover, Calamus, Charlotte, Delmar, DeWitt, Goose Lake, Grand Mound, Lost Nation, Low Moor, Toronto, Welton and Wheatland.
Catherine E Meinsma, CPA
Cathy Meinsma graduated from Bettendorf High School in Bettendorf, Iowa followed by Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy. After graduating from Iowa State, she obtained her CPA license from the State of Iowa and started her career with a national CPA firm. After working in public accounting for four years, she accepted a position as the Controller and Chief Financial Officer of a private manufacturing company, working there for six years before joining Schuster & Co in 2019. Cathy purchased Schuster & Co from Carol in 2021 and continues to work closely with Carol.
Cathy moved to DeWitt in 2014 with her husband, Jason. They are the parents of two children - Weston and Oliver. Cathy is an active member for the Marketers of Dewitt (MOD), North Scott Rotary, a Farm Bureau Member, and serves as a Dewitt Chamber Ambassador.
- DeWitt Chamber Ambassador
- Farm Bureau Member
- Marketers of DeWitt (MOD)
- Treasurer and Board Member of IA Nice
- Member of the North Scott Rotary
Susan A Hunter, CPA
Ms. Hunter is a lifelong resident of the DeWitt area. She graduated from Calamus High School in 1981 and Iowa State University in 1985. She furthered her education at St. Ambrose University, becoming a CPA in 1990. Sue has been an employee of Schuster & Co PC and its predecessor firm since January of 1992.
She is actively involved in the DeWitt community as a volunteer for the FFA alumni, 4-H, and Clinton County Cattlemen. She resides in rural DeWitt with her husband Charley. They are the parents of three children – Jacob, Will, and Alexandra.
- Graduate of the DeWitt Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute
- Community volunteer for youth programs, including 4-H and FFA
- Clinton County Cattlemen’s Board of Directors
Ashleigh graduated from Camanche High School, St. Ambrose University with a Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education and Concord University with a Masters of Arts in Teaching. Ashleigh has been with Schuster & Meinsma and its predecessor Schuster & Co since July 2020.
Ashleigh moved to DeWitt in 2016. She is an avid fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Cubs & Chicago Bears. In her spare time she enjoys attending Hawkeye basketball games, being outdoors, riding RABGRAI (when local), spending time with her nieces & nephews and her dog Murray!
Connie Beer is a native of DeWitt and has been a member of our staff since January of 1997. She graduated from DeWitt Central Community School and attended Clinton Community College and later Mount Saint Claire College, where she graduated with a double major in business and accounting. Ms. Beer is an active member of the DeWitt community where she serves as leader for the Minnehaha 4-H club, is the Eden Township Clerk, and also is an active member of the DeWitt Central FFA alumni organization.
Connie and her husband Rob are the parents of three children, Joshua, Katie and Caleb.
Jane grew up in McCausland, Iowa and graduated from North Scott High School in 1985. Later she
attended Hamilton Institute of Business, earning a degree in Accounting and Computer Information
Systems. After working the previous 29 years as a Payroll Manager in the Construction Industry in the
Quad Cities, she is looking forward to working closer to home in Dewitt where she resides with her
husband, Jody. She loves gardening and other projects especially working in the Spring at a local